Companies have long utilized the practice of outfitting their staff with a standard uniform to create and maintain a certain brand image as well as maintain professionalism in their industry. The right work apparel can go a long way in helping customers identify employees with a particular company and can affect the way employees feel about their job. Because of this, finding the right company for your business apparel needs is essential.
Following are five reasons to consider choosing uniform work apparel for your employees:
- Can promote teamwork and professionalism: Employees who wear company apparel feel a sense of unitywith other team members along with making them feel like equals with other teammates. Victoria Seitz, a San Bernardino, California, marketing professor, says uniforms can result in employees becoming “entwined” with their company, which ultimately leads to greater success for the company and increased employee loyalty. Employees also feel as if they are being evaluated more on their performance than their outward appearance if they are wearing the same apparel as other employees. Employees that wear some sort of uniform are easier to spot in your place of business; this is especially important if a customer is in search of someone to assist them.
- Offers your business additional advertising: Consider offering employees additional pieces of work apparelother than the standard uniform. Employees who wear their company logo or slogan outside of work demonstrate a sense of pride in the company that they work for. In addition, employees often make stops before and after work offering additional opportunities for brand exposure for your company.
- Aids with dress code issues: If you are a business that does not have its employees wear some sort of uniform or logo work apparel, you may end up having employees push the limits of the dress code. Having a uniform limits the possibilities of dress code violations while ensuring that your business image remains professional.
- Protection: Certain uniform materials can provide protection to your employee (i.e. reflective clothing, flame-retardant clothing). It is easier to provide appropriate clothing to keep employees safe, rather than relying on them to make the right choice.
- Budget considerations: Offering your employees a work uniform can significantly cut down on costs associated with business clothing. Being able to afford an adequate wardrobe places a lot of stress on some individuals. Taking this piece out of the equation can increase overall performance of your employees.
Prudential Overall Supply has been outfitting employees with work uniforms since 1932. Prudential offers uniform rental, purchase and lease options to outfit your staff professionally and on budget. Regardless of your industry, Prudential Overall Supply has a selection to fit your needs. Check out our online catalog or contact us today for more information!