Hydroponics. Hydroponics is a new form of gardening which many people are now turning to, it involves growing plants, such a fruit and vegetables. Hydroponics is the process of growing plants in sand, gravel or liquid – which you then have to add added nutrients to.
Why are people so fascinated by hydroponics? Many people love hydroponics because they can reap all the benefits, for example, you’re able to grow all year-round, not only this but you don’t have to worry about your vegetables and fruit tasting of ‘Earth’. Adding to this the plants normally grow faster and stronger and you’re able to save money on water bills.
So what are some of the favourite things which people grow hydroponically?
- Strawberries: Strawberries are super tasty and work best in a NFT system
- Lettuce: This normally works the best in a NFT system and they’re rather easy to grow
- Chives: You’re able to use either a drip system or an ebb-and-flow system
- Rosemary: We normally advise people to use drip systems when growing hydroponically
- Tomatoes: Most commonly grown with a drip system
If you’re wanting to start growing hydroponically then there are some things which you should follow in order to be successful, for example:
- When starting up with hydroponics you need to find the most ideal place to grow your plants and store your equipment, this place should be rather large and have no obstacles. There also must be a source of power in order for your growing to work.
- Secondly what you need to ensure is that you get all the right hydroponics equipment, this means that you should go to well-respected hydroponics companies which can provide you with all the equipment you need in order to grow.One great example is: tropicannahorticulture.com.
- When you have purchased all your equipment you must ensure that you follow all the instructions which are required, this is essential as you won’t have to worry about things breaking and not working.
- If you’re unsure on what you need, we advise people to research before looking in a store or online for equipment, not only this but ask a hydroponics expert, as they will be able to advise you on what you need to reach your goals.
- Pick a company who have a good reputation and have affordable and high quality equipment.
Now you know a little bit more about hydroponics it will become easier to be successful, ensuring you can grow all your favourite fruit and vegetables at home.